MYROYALS PHOTOS
HOLLYWOOD FASHION 2014

Monday, December 17, 2012

A test of will power

Ok, here is my personal test of will power. Can I make a blog post KNOWING it is a conflicting viewpoint of a fellow blog reader, (who convinced to make a blog in the first place) and not delete it by tomorrow?? haha, to be honest I'm not sure. I so hate drama and conflict that I bite my tongue a lot. But to be honest, sometimes it's irritating to read other people's rants and opinions, listen to them vent and just keep biting and biting your tongue. That statement is not directed at anyone, as it applies to multiple people I know.

Now the chic-fil-a stuff I do want to say but will make it quick. I actually DO feel comfortable putting my opinion on this on MY blog (crazy thought huh?!) But only because I've already done so and did not rock the boat with this particular friend. That says a lot about her character in my opinion. I hate when people just want to "be right" all the time, because although my pride comes out sometimes, I don't consider myself one who needs to hear "You are right," I can just know it and move on. :)

With that said, two quick opinions and I'm going to exit blogger world for a few days.

1) I know I'm digging up old, settled dirt here, but I was so irritated reading all the chic-fil-a opinions over the summer while not having the courage to offer my own thoughts, of which they were clear.

Ok, I couldn't help but get a mental picture of God laughing down from Heaven at the Christians rushing to chic-fil-a to buy a greasy, unhealthy, processed chicken sandwich in order to either show they were a Christian or show they were againist gay marriage?!?! AB-SURD. Now I dont know what was on the heart of each person making Appalachee parkway an absolute cluster that day, but I do know how I feel about gay marriage and the gay/lesbian/bisexual friends in my life. I am called to LOVE them. To accept them. To laugh with them. To know they are no different than me and that they deserve the same rights as me. REGARDLESS, if the sexual acts of homosexuality are sinful or not as God intended, it doesnt matter. Salvation belongs, and has always belonged to our God, not you or I. So lets pipe down on determining people's eternities, shall we? Christians are so quick to forget that we are ALL sinners, so who are we to judge? I have some of my most favorite special friendships with gay and lesbian friends and they deserve to get married to whom they choose and certainly not feel hatred or rejection or judgment from those on facebook.Just my 2 (slightly controversial) cents.

2) The other thing I want to share is just a personal thought about myself I had as I was watching x Factor on dvr early this morning and listening to Carly Rose Sonenclair sing one of my all-time favorite songs: Imagine, by John Lennon.

I had this thought that maybe I was just born in the wrong decade. In the 60s, if a violent school shooting happened like that of Newtown, CT people cared.

In present day, it feels like some of the people I know care more about showing off what they can make or do or buy or where they travel or what they eat or who they know and FORGET caring about anyone else. Forget pausing your ever-so important day to pray, really pray for the terrifying act that happened on Friday. And if youre not a prayerful person, then at least call your friends and family and tell them you love them. Life is just too short.

Here's the lyric from 'Imagine' that sparked these thoughts:

"Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can...no need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man..."

No comments:

Post a Comment