MYROYALS PHOTOS
HOLLYWOOD FASHION 2014

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Brinley the Babbler- 14 months

My baby girl hit 14 months this month- on November 10, 2013. Between 13 and 14 months there has been a huge language explosion around here. Brinley can communicate in full sentences now- way sooner than Lily ever spoke in sentences as far as I can remember. About a month ago, Brinley pointed to the bubble machine in the garage and said, "I want da ba-bubbles." When I turned the machine on she started smiling and clapping and doing a happy dance. She is loving being able to communicate...and I am loving that she doesn't have to point and grunt for things. Brinley also says, "I do too" if she wants to do something Lily is doing. Also, at Halloween when we had a Winne the Pooh flag up outside, Brinley started saying, "I want Pooh" and pointing to the front door. She also says, "I want that" and points to things around the house. She says clock, quack, duck, please, thank you, up, baba, nana, shoe, mama, dada, sissy, no, book, cook-cook (cookie), a version of cracker, diaper, hi, bye, night night, and several more words that I can't think of on the spot. Brinley hears Lily talking all day and I really think this has sped up her language skills. Also I think the fact that she's a girl, and girls tend to be chattier sooner is a factor.

At 14 months, BC is getting more hair on top that is blonde and curly when its wet. Still not much hair on the sides, but I kind of like that my toddler still looks like a baby. I have precisely ONE new photo of BC on my camera to post since I last posted Lake Ella pictures. I've been slacking on my picture talking lately, probably because my girls frustrated me so much during our Christmas card photos with Betsy on Veteran's Day (11/11/13). I haven't ordered my Christmas cards yet, when I do...I'll post the pictures on here. I was so impressed that Betsy got pictures of us good enough for cards....to say my girls were TERRIBLE is a major understatement!


After we got our holiday mini shoot pictures back on 11/12/13 (Betsy rocks!!), we got the cd of Brinley's 1 year photos from Paige that we took back in mid-October. This was our final photo shoot of two baby plans and some bonus pictures here and there. We will miss the excitement of getting a cd of 250 pictures of our girls from Paige. She is taking a break from photography for a while, and I am glad she agreed to do so many pictures for us for such affordable prices. One day I should post a montage of my favorite Paige pictures...that would take me forever...so I'll have to shelf that idea for now. :)

Back to Brinley at 14 months, here are her stats:

Weight: 26 lbs

Diapers: Size 5

Teeth: at least 8 with some very painful ones cutting through this week! :/

Favorite shows: Brinley doesnt sit and watch TV much...but she seems to like Baby Genius Nursery Rhymes from On Demand and Sesame Street the best. Too bad Lily only wants to watch Team Umi Zoomi and Go Diego Go! these days and BC gets no say. :)

Music: Even if we have the tv on, Brinley would rather us play toddler jams on the cd player in the living room. She points to the cd player and claps and dances when you put a cd on. Lily never liked music as much as BC...it is pretty cute!

One of my favorite things BC does: Brinley is a leg hugger. She comes up to me several times a day and hugs my legs and pokes her head through...its adorable and sweet.

Bath time: BC is obsessed. She cries pretty much every time we take her out of the tub, but luckily she gets over it quickly and is easily distracted with toys, books, and shenanigans with Lily.

Thats about it for my baby girl's current milestones. Looking forward to Thanksgiving with her this month and of course her second Christmas next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment