MYROYALS PHOTOS
HOLLYWOOD FASHION 2014

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kites, Goop, and Cloud Dough

Lily has a Barney DVD that I have listened to WAY too many times in the car that has a song about flying a kite. I can't get that stupid song out of my head! I just looked it up online,  it's called "My Kite":

                    Flying so high with its tail in the breeze
                    Up in the air with the greatest of ease
                    Flipping and dipping with colors so bright
                    I love to fly my kite
Whirling, twirling, high in the air
Whirling, twirling, floating up there
At the end of the string, there's a wonderful thing
I love to fly my kite
Look at it flutter and dance all around
Hear the wind blowing it high off the ground
Feel the string tugging and just hold on tight
And you can fly a kite
Whirling, twirling, fly in the air
Whirling, twirling, floating up there
At the end of the string, there's a wonderful thing
I love to fly my kite

It's almost as bad as the elephant song from Barney that I can never get out of my head. Almost. Anyway, for Lily's 2nd birthday back in February, Clint's grandparents gave us an amazon giftcard and I bought Lily her first kite. Nothing fancy, standard diamond kite. We finally had a chance this week to test it out. Overall, I would say I enjoyed the kite more than Lily, but we'll try it again at the beach in a few weeks. Here are some pictures of Lily's first kite flying experience:











Lily really wasn't all too interested in the kite and she kept trying to run into the parking lot. I suggested she fill her hat with rocks, and this worked to keep her from running.


Begging to to go in the car, lol. OK, time to go....

The other first Lily had this week was playing with Goop and something I found online called "Cloud Dough". Goop is the same as gloop, gak, oobleck, flubber, etc. It's just cornstarch and water (and food coloring). Cloud dough is just flour and baby oil. Only, I didnt have baby oil so I used vegetable oil. I'm going to try it again with baby oil once I remember to buy some. I think the baby oil makes the dough feel a little "fluffiier".
Cloud Dough recipe:
8 cups flour, 1 cup baby oil

Goop recipe:
1/2 cup cornstarch, 1/4 cup water, food coloring (optional)

This Goop website includes a cheesy rhyme. I sang it for Lily, but she was too busy playing to really get into the song. :)

Goopy Goop Rhyme
Gilly silly, Goopy goop.
Go and do a loopdy loop.
Stretch and catch the goop for fun.
Don’t stop yet we’re not quite done.
Feel the goop, slip and slide.
Keep your smile nice and wide.
Take the goop one last time,
And play with it while you say this rhyme.


I had some glitery Christmas wine charms lying around, so I decided to bury them and have Lily search for the "treasure". She really got into that task.




          Lily always looks mad when I try to take her picture when she is trying to focus on something. I promise she was actually having fun. :)





After playing for a while, Lily enjoyed making the Goop/Cloud Dough mixture into balls and throwing it all over the yard.
Clint is generally not too excited when I get in the mood for messy activities like jello, goop, and cloud dough. He was impressed that I made the goop/cloud dirt, let Lily play for about 45 minutes, cleaned up and did all the dishes while he and Brinley napped on Saturday. Not sure where I got that burst of energy, but Lily and I had a great time getting messy and trying something new. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment