MYROYALS PHOTOS
HOLLYWOOD FASHION 2014

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I should be asleep...

But instead I'm blogging! I'll regret this tomorrow for sure. It's 12:30 am now, but I'm not tired at all! Too much going on tonight. I've rarely used this blog as an outlet to unload all the things on my mind, but I guess I could give that a go.Whenever I make posts about anything other than the girls, I always consider deleting them. And when I went political...I did delete it! lol. I realize that is why I only have about 5 friends (including Clint) who read my blog and look at my pictures...but I'm happy this way. I'm sure I could link this blog to facebook and get a few more readers (doesn't everyone know that EVERYTHING except blogs are blocked at work?! Wish I had more friends who blog!)...but I haven't felt the desire to yet. My friend Claire said she keeps two blogs...one for her (kind of like a diary) and one she emails out to friends and family. Thats a good idea, I just can't imagine finding the time to keep up with two blogs.

Well, Brinley's up. Good thing I'm not tired at all!

Be back....

Back. Luckily Brinley is a good little nurser now. It only takes 10-15 minutes to change her diaper, feed her, and get her back asleep.  Not bad, but I wish this wasn't happening two or three times a night STILL. At Brinley's 6 month appt, the Pediatrician said she should be sleeping 10 hours straight. I laughed.

Anyway, back to why I'm not tired. ONE- Clint got a free ticket from my cousin to see Taylor Swift in Miami! So jealous! He called me at work to tell me, then texted me throughout the show, and called me around 11:15 when he left the concert to tell me about it. So, in my mind, I've been pretending to be enjoying Taylor Swift in Miami with Clint tonight! That's contributing to my awake-ness for sure. Also, I decided to watch two hours of American Idol and 1 hour of Nashville- all after the girls went to bed at 8. Both were VERY good tonight, so that got me all excited.

Next, my little nugget turned 7 months today...so I've been thinking about her milestones, updating her baby book, and taking her picture with her 7 month sticker. I'm really quite laid back about these monthly sticker photo ops. I didnt even know you could buy these stickers online for under $10 until Lily was 6 months old, but I thought it was too cute (and cheap!) an idea to pass up,so I went to Etsy and started Lily's at 7 months. Why not? :) I think I tried pretty hard to take Lily's picture with her stickers on her actual "month birthday", but with Brinley, I just shoot for the right week. :) So,we didn't take our picture today, but I'll shoot for tomorrow, or the next day, etc. I did take some regular pictures of Brinley today...which will be added to this post soon!

Another thing on my mind is Clint being out of town for work this week (again). I never sleep quite as well when he's gone. I'm always worried in the back of my mind that there will be an emergency with one of the girls and it will just be me here. I did realize tonight that I'm pretty used to Clint being gone by now. This week hasn't been overwhelming at all (yet!)...but its Thursday already...so that's a good thing. I realized tonight that I really don't mind Clint being gone for 4 nights when I'm working. It was when I was home on maternity leave that I was completely exhausted with no break at the end of the day. I think we're down to 3 more week long trips (after this one) and then no traveling for the summer!!! Can't wait!

Other big news about the summer is that my mom is officially retiring from teaching and will keep the girls this summer!! (And also indefinitely). I'm going to start calling this week to see about part time programs for Lily. My mom and I are both very interested in Temple Israel...calling them first! Unfortunately, my parents and I live on complete opposite sides of town so nothing is convenient in terms of my mom's house, my house, potential part time daycares, and where Clint and I work. But we'll work something out! I am sooo happy for my mom to be retiring and so thankful she wants to help with our childcare issues! (Spending $1300 a month on daycare right now is definitely an issue for us!) We did good and paid off all of our credit cards when I was home with the girls and still getting paid, but spending more than our mortgage payment on daycare doesn't leave a lot to save or spend on "extras" at the end of the month.

Next up in my thought cycle is the two weddings we are attending this month. Very excited! We don't get date nights much...and weddings are truly the perfect "dates" for couples with small children. You get dinner, drinks, and plenty of time to catch up with friends! We won't know too many people at Rob and Brittany's wedding on Saturday, but we will know TONS of people at Leslie and Ryan's wedding  on April 27th. We are very excited for both weddings and very thankful that my parents are willing to babysit for us. =)

Also, Lily is sick. :( She has an appt  in the morning at 10:10.This is going to be interesting because Clint is out of town and I don't have any sick leave. Papa (my dad) to the rescue! He will be here at 7:15 am tomorrow (well,today) to keep Lily for me so I can take Brinley to daycare and get to work by 8. I'm going to take an earlylunch to meet my dad and Lily at the doctor. Hope she's ok! She threw up on the kitchen floor tonight and has been coughing...not sure what's going on.

Well, that's it! I saw a "meme" on facebook today about a woman's brain being like having 1,254 open browsers on your computer. I guess I only had about 7 things tonight...but yes sometimes there are much more!

Finally off to bed to pray for a sweet friend's health and try to sleep.

Goodnight, Blog.


Happy 7 months, Brinley Claire! 4/10/13 school outfit:



 

It was hot today! I changed Brinley into something cooler when she got home. Since Grandma (Nana) was over, this onsie seemed like a good choice.









                 My mom was such a huge help tonight! Thanks, mom! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment