MYROYALS PHOTOS
HOLLYWOOD FASHION 2014

Friday, August 9, 2013

Getting ready for Preschool!

On August 19th Lily starts 3 day-a-week preschool at Temple Israel. I'm very excited! We got a letter in the mail saying she would be in the Yellow Bumble Bee class, and asking her to wear yellow for the first two weeks of school. She only had one yellow shirt, so we went ahead picked up 5 more. =)


Lily has been talking non-stop about being a bumble bee, but I'm not sure she really understands she gets to go to big girl school next week. I'm really hoping that seeing other 2 year olds in her class use the potty will motivate her to potty train. The letter said no pull-ups...either diapers or panties...so I hope we can ditch the diapers for good soon. Lily has yet to tell me she needs to pee before she starts peeing in her big girl undies. She pees on the potty when I set her there....but any kid can do that if they happen to need to pee at that time. It's the 'holding it' skill that we have yet achieve. Yesterday Lily was so excited to wear her big girl panties on our wagon ride.When she got up there was a big circle of pee underneath Lily and she seemed completely unphased. I know they say pull-ups are bad because the kids don't feel that they're wet..apparently Lily doesn't notice (or care) about that just yet. I wont let her wear her big girl panties in the car yet...cleaning a car seat cover is something I'd like to avoid. So we'll see what happens with that.

 "Oh,my big girl panties!"


Another thing the preschool letter mentioned was that sippy cups are not allowed. Hmm.What do the kids drink out of? Lily loves juice boxes, but I dont want her drinking those everyday. I'm curious if toddler cups with straws are considered sippy cups? Lily makes a mess when she drinks out of regular cups...but maybe she'll become more skilled at preschool if that's the only option.

Here's a few random pictures of my soon-to-be preschooler from tonight. She'll be 2 1/2 tomorrow...and she now refers to herself as "Two and a half"....when youre little, the half is a big deal. ;)


"Helping" mom with the laundry.


I'm a sucker for pigtails.
Next on the pre-preschool to-do list is the ever-important backpack selection! Toddlers + backpacks = adorable! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment